We love to make you feel at home.
Papaya Lake Lodge offers nine spacious and bright cottages. All are situated on the extinct volcano crater’s slope and have breathtaking views of Lyantonde Lake. Each cottage offers complete privacy, hidden from view by a natural screen of green treetops.
Eight of the cottages feature two beds (one king-size and one single), local stone-decorated bathrooms with shower units, and verandas equipped with deckchairs.
The ninth cottage – Family Cottage – is a two-level villa boasting three bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace, a spacious bathroom and a large terrace. For more details, please contact us.
Calm colours, subtle accessories, original interior design, simple but comfortable furniture – these are Papaya Lake Lodge’s trademarks. But mainly, it is the lush, green vegetation that makes it so easy to relax after an adventurous day.
Helpful information about your stay on Papaya Lake Lodge
- Electricity – The Lodge is powered by Sun – solar system. Some services that we offer will not be available when there is no electricity for which we apologize for any inconvenience. In that cases we are using generators. Electrical outlets are ONLY available for charging all necessary equipment in the Restaurant/Bar. Please contact a staff person for assistance. Please charge your mobiles, laptops, cameras at day time (during sunshine) in the Restaurant. Please switch off your lights when you are not using to help save our solar batteries.
- Hot water – Hot water heating in the cottage is provided via an eco-friendly communal wood heater twice a day (morning and evening time). For any extra time for heating please ask our Management.
- Wi-Fi – We have free wireless internet for our Guests. The reception is in the restaurant.
- Housekeeping – Our housekeeping staff provide daily service and evening turndown. To protect our environment and censerve water we do not change bed linen, towels every day. If you would like new towel please put your towels in the basket under the basin. Mineral water are complimentary throughout your stay.
- Laundry – We are happy to offer a limited laundry service to residents. Please note we do not have a large laundry and everything is washed by hand and ironed with charcoal iron box. Laundry may take up to 2 days to return.
- Restaurant – Papaya Lake Lodge is proud to offer cuisine which is a mixture of elements from around the World, European and African art of cooking. Our delicious homemade cuisine is served in a variety of locations indoors and out. Guests are highly recommended to advise of any dietary requirements and/or allergies at the reservations stage. Children’s menus are provided for lunch and dinner
- Bar – Enjoy the world’s finest wines, champagnes, spirits and other cocktails while overlooking Papaya Lake Lodge view. A classic bar in Papaya Lake Lodge is for international travelers , where travel may just be a state of mind.
- Activities – We offer a number of exciting activities at Papaya Lake Lodge. For a little more adventurous we higly recommendet: Chimpanzee Tracking, Crater Lakes Exploration Tour, Mahoma Falls Tour, Community Walk Tour, etc. Please let us know if you are keen for a certain activity. If we are fully booked pleasebe understanding if we cannot provide every activity on any given day.
- Swimming pool – Take a dip in our top hill located swimming pool with amazing view of the lakes, mountains and breathtaking surroundings.
- Massage services – We invite you to enjoy a massage in the privacy of your cottage or open space area at the lake side or swimming pool. Our massage is available full-time. Please book in advance.
- Baggage – If you are unable to carry your own bags, then please ask a Management for assistance and arrangements will be made to carry your luggage.